- 1 schoolhouse pattern from pages 8 and 9 in "What's New For Back To School (WBW 1980)
- Pages 22 and 23 from Zip Strip Vocabulary (WBW 3102)
- Reproduce and construct the schoolhouse according to instructions. Cut the words from the zip strips along solid lines.
- Glue the words to the schoolhouse so they will make a pocket. Laminate the schoolhouse and the pictures from the zip strips.
- Cut open the pockets and cut the pictures apart along solid lines.
Game: Sort the picture cards into the correct word pocket.
Level 1 extension: Write the words on a separate piece of paper adding an adjective in front of each word.
Level 2 extension: Add a verb after each word on the list above.
Level 3 extension: Mark the vowels in all the words as long, short, or silent.